Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Do all conservatives like war?

I started reading "How to Talk to a Liberal (if you must)" by Ann Coulter a couple of weeks ago. I should be honest and say that it was the way she showed up on the "Tonight's Show" a few days back that made me interested in reading her book. After reading a few pages I couldn't stand her any more.

She says that we should attack all the "terrorist countries" and kill the leaders there and convert them to Christianity. I have a problem with that attitude. The Christianity that I know and believe in spreads the message of peace and not war. The question is do we have to do this to the (terrorist) countries that America supports in the name of the "War on Terror" also?

One need not be a republican or support war or capital punishment or not support gun control to be a conservative. My views on the book can not be listed here because they will go on for ever but I decided not to read the book further. I think I have better books to read than books that portray biased opinions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home