Friday, May 27, 2005

The beaver said that I'm doing it for myself

I spoke to the beaver after a long time for about 3 hours last night. It was a very good experience and we spoke about a lot of things, about both of us, people in our day to day life, work and so on. I mentioned to the beaver that I have been given a verbal approval from both my manager and also the HR manager for going to school again, how excited I was, how I looked forward to start going to school etcetera. After hearing from me why I wanted to do that and while discussing other things the beaver made the observation that I'm doing it for myself. It did not quite affect me at that point of time and later I thought "if not for myself, then for who else?" But today I thought more about it and I realized that it was true. The beaver made me think again.

I have developed an admiration for Jack Welch these days since I started reading "Winning". I liked the importance he gives to candor and differentiation and the analogies that he draws between these aspects of business and other walks of life. Will he turn out to be my hero? Time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home