Friday, May 27, 2005

The EGR valve

This is the second time I'm composing this post. I complained a lot in the previous version and I was paid for that. Here I am, typing a post again.

I anticipated the EGR valve to arrive at noon today, as I was told and hoped that it will be replaced and I will be able to drive up north to Palatine to spend the long weekend with my parents, sister and her family. One might think that I'm going to Palatine because it is a long weekend. The truth is, that is what I do on all weekends.

Anyway, the EGR valve did not arrive on time but instead the truck carrying the packet showed up at 2:45 pm. I was told that, the EGR valve can't be replaced today, not even tomorrow but only on Tuesday. I made a frantic effort to get it replaced by some one else but in vain. Most of the auto shops were either under-staffed or were booked until Tuesday. I had to take an appointment with one of them, the only one that promised to get the job done tomorrow by 1 pm.

Buying a pre-owned car has paid off not so well for me. I have spent about an eighth of the cost of the car already in repairs, maintenance and parts. Some people get lucky and get a good car even though it is pre-owned. "Pre-owned", what a name for a used car? "Second-hand" will not quite fit, I guess, because one never knows how many hands has the car gone through. Some times lessons are learnt the hard way and in my case, it turns out to be all the time. The next car that I buy, will certainly be a new one. At least, I myself will be responsible for all expenses on it and can't blame in on how the previous owner(s) used it before me.

Today, I said the word EGR valve about 4 times the number of times I have written it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home