Thursday, June 16, 2005

A good movie for a change

I watched "House of Sand and Fog" last night after a disappointing performance by the soft ball team against Spotted Cow (I think I should eat there once). The team that I cheered for lost pretty bad against them.

House of Sand and Fog was a good movie. I wonder why it didn't get the review it deserves. The story of an Iranian major (Ben Kingsley) who migrates to USA and works hard to make ends meet and buys a house, that was wrongfully taken from its owner (Jennifer Connelly), on auction because she did not pay business taxes that she never owed. Then comes Mr. Nice Guy who falls in love with the heroine and deserts his family of wife and two kids to help her and screws up things.

Though the ending is quite sad, Kingsley did a great performance and Connelly was also very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home