Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Capital Punishment in IPC

India got it's new Chief Justice yesterday. Usually the appointment of a new CJI and the swearing in make little news in the media except for a headline in the news papers where more importance would be given to the dignitaries who attended the ceremony than what the CJI stands for, what his credentials are or how his resume looks. It was not much different this time either but I read one interesting fact about him that impressed me. He favors abolishment of capital punishment. I'm very pleased to see that India has some one for Chief Justice who shares the thought that people, like the President of India and others including me, uphold. I hope that he will be able to contribute to making this idea materialize and that dirty politics will not play down his efforts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home